Thursday 10 April 2014

H&M: Happy and Monochrome

Working just off Oxford Street I have been known to "pop to the shops" EVERY week day, be it before work (Primark opens at 8am don't you know!), during lunch (I can do the whole of New Look AND find time for a sarnie in a lunch hour), or after work (it's cheaper to travel home after 7 so it kind of makes sense right?!) In the quest to get on the property ladder I have since curbed that habit considerably and only crumble every now and again. Wednesday evening was a crumbly one...

I popped into H&M on said evening; I'd seen some amazing monochrome trousers that I simply needed! I got the trousers...and also two skirts and a top. Oooops! Buuuut it came to a ridiculously small grand total of £34.96 so I don't feel that bad...and I won some money (£12.50) on the Grand National so that almost covers the trousers...anyway...onto the clothes!! 

First up is the infamous trousers..how amazing are these...  


 
View on H&M website 
What's even better is they were only £12.99! I live in tights in the winter (with dresses, not on their own...weird!) and in the summer I'm mostly in dresses without tights but in the spring I like to make the most of the dry pavements and get out of my boots and into "Spring" footwear, and I can't be wearing tights with sandals (doesn't mean you can't! It's just not for me!) so these are what I am calling my "Spring" trousers. (Labelling clothing items by seasons means technically you can have at least four of everything!) So these are going to be worn with sandals/pumps and a cute vest or tshirt...possibly this one... 


View on H&M website 
I nearly bought this in white too but had to resist, especially with the £7.99 price tag. I love wearing plain tshirts with bright/patterned trousers or skirts but it can be a bit boring so the lace on this is the perfect touch. It's even prettier in real life! It can be dressed up or down and is just something I think will stay in my wardrobe for a very long time. I may also team it with this skirt... 



View on H&M website 
I basically gravitated towards this skirt...it's similar to one I saw in Primark and regretted not buying but there was a reason I stopped myself getting that...I must have known this one would be half the price! It was only £5.99! (Anyone else think H&M is beating Primark at cheap fashion pieces at the moment?) I was gutted they didn't have this in my size but the size up fitted just fine. It's long enough to wear up on my waist which is very flattering and has a line of buttons down the front which is a nice touch. I think this would also look lovely in the winter with tights as well as on holiday with flip flops. Roll on summer! 


View similar on H&M website
Lastly we have another skirt. As mentioned above I find skirts really versatile and this is another winter or summer skirt. I am loving monochrome at the moment (can you tell?!) and think this would look great with black, white or even a brightly coloured top. I have to say I can't look at it too long though, makes my eyes go funny! This one was only £7.99 which made me very happy. I always think about how much something would cost in Topshop and that makes me feel a lot better! 


I will try to borrow a willing volunteer to take some snaps of me wearing these with some outfit ideas for you. And I'll try not to go shopping for a little while now! I said try... 

Abbie x

No comments:

Post a Comment