Thursday 17 April 2014

Mess, Motivation and Owls!



So working long hours with a three hour round commute I should be forgiven for not having time to keep my room immaculate in the week. However I think this time it got a bit out of hand... 




That's what my bedroom looked like when I got home from work the other day unusually early at half past 7. Do you ever have those moments where a gust of energy motivates you to do something you've been putting off for ages and actually makes you enjoy the task. This is what happened that evening. Armed with a huge rubbish bag, a duster and my dads strong pair of arms we moved my desk further along the wall in the space where a ten year old computer had been living then I ruthlessly threw away old products that I've been keeping "just in case" and recycled last years supply of Glamour magazines. I made a "car boot" pile and set a side a lot of old bits and bobs that I hope to flog when then car boot sales start up again soon. I arranged all of the owl necklaces I have on an accessory hanger to make a nice feature on the wall and de cluttered my bedside table so that my lovely owl lamp was no longer hidden behind a photo frame, a candle and a box of tissues. Once that was done I stood back and admired my handy work (and then hoovered!) Here's some of the favourite things in my (newly organised) bedroom. Can you tell what my favourite animal is? Haha. 



Necklaces hanging on accessory hanger 

 Live, Laugh, Love sign Primark £3.50 


Lamp Dunelm Mill £19.99 
Relax Sign Primark £1 
Owl on stump Debenhams (gift)
Owl jewellery dish Sass and Belle (gift) 


Photo frame Dunelm Mill (gift) 
Postcards Paperchase 


Hanging Shabby Chic Owl Sass & Belle £1.95  
"Owl Always Love You" Hanging Heart Sass & Belle £3.75  


It had got dark by the time id finished so it's a bit grainy but I got a quick snap of the same area in the first photo to show you how good it looked...yes that is past tense...think I need another tidy up!


Abbie x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment