Monday 7 April 2014

Top 5: Nail Varnishes

Recently I had a mass room clear out (dedicated bedroom clear out post to come!) which involved me opening my nail varnish box and chucking any nail varnishes that I really would never use; from five year old clumpy ones to my favourite ones that I'd used so much the brush could no longer reach the nail varnish, oh and the hideous lime green one I got free from Boots once, yuk! All in the bin! And how many did I have left when I'd finished doing that you ask? Oh only 102!!! So although I can't be totally ruthless and throw away perfectly good nail varnishes that I have collected over the last year or two I had a think about what my 5 favourites are and they live in my more accessible make up box. Here's what I picked... 


Barry M Silk Nail Effects in Meadow (RRP £3.99)
I love the finish of this, it is quite silky as the name suggests. I generally prefer solid coloured nail varnishes as opposed to metallic, shimmery ones but I feel like this one meets somewhere in the middle. I have a lot of clothes in this colour so it's a safe bet that if I paint my nails this colour they will match my outfit.
http://www.barrym.com/products/nails/effects/silk-nail-paint.html 



Essie in Lacquered Up (RRP £7.99)
Every nail varnish collection needs a classic bright red and this Essie one is just perfect. It dries quickly and leaves nails looking super shiny. I love wearing this with a little black dress.
http://www.boots.com/en/Essie-Nail-Polish-Lacquered-up-15ml_1343416/
 


Nail Girls London Colour in Purple #7 Deep Rich Plum (RRP £13.50)
I love this dark, sultry colour, it's perfect for a night out. I have some very similar colour ones in my collection by Nails Inc and Barry M but i've found this one doesn't require as many coats as those to get the perfect colour and it doesn't chip at all!
http://nailgirls.co.uk/?product=purple-7



Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Papaya (RRP £3.99)
There has been huge hype in the blogging world about the Gelly Hi-Shine collection from Barry M and rightly so. They leave a lovely finish in just one coat and the colour choice is incredible. I am slowly building up my collection but they seem to add new colours faster than I can buy them! I have my eye on the beautiful light turquoise Sugar Apple colour for my next naughty nail varnish purchase (I say naughty because as my mum would say... "Really, more nail varnishes!?") Of my current collection this coral shade is my favourite, it brightens up any outfit and is perfect for the coming summer months.
http://www.barrym.com/products/nails/effects/gelly-nail-effects.html



MUA in Moody Mink (RRP £1)
I'm saving the best til last. Not only is this dusky lilacy grey colour one of my favourite colours to wear on my nails but it costs just ONE pound! And with the low price you don't have to compromise on quality. Not only do the bottles resemble the Essie ones but the quality is up there with them too. They go on like a dream, dry really quickly and last for ages! SO impressed with these and don't feel as naughty adding these ones to my vast collection!
http://www.muastore.co.uk/nail-polish




So there we have it, if my house was on fire and I had time to root through my room and grab a handful of nail varnishes I would choose these little guys (As if! I would grab the massive box and run!) 

Abbie x



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My first ever blog comment, yay! Thanks Naomi, I can see you have just started blogging too, good luck! :D

      Delete